In today’s world, marketers provide more importance to chatbots, Youtube influencers, Instagram influencers, and Facebook ads to find new customers.
But you should not forget one of the oldest and most effective channels is email marketing.
You may be thinking if the email is still useful to include in your marketing strategy. Well, it is.
In reality, email marketing produces $38 for every $1 spent, which gives a higher ROI than any other channel. That’s why this is one of the most effective options available for marketers.
Here are the Stats and Facts You Should Know Before Starting an Email Marketing
If you still have any doubts, keep reading this article and understand the stats of email marketing.
1. Daily 3.9 billion people operate through email. (Statista, 2020)
2. 46% of people in the world open an email on mobile phones. (Litmus.com, 2018)
3. 35% of b2b customer uses a mobile device to check their emails. (Convince & Convert, 2018)
4. 73% of the young generation prefer communication via email.
5. Company that uses a segmented campaign gain higher revenue than a non-segmented campaign.
6. 35% of companies send 3-4 emails to their customer in a week. (Not Another State of Marketing, 2020)
7. 78% of companies witnessed an increase in email engagement in the last 12 months. (Not Another State of Marketing, 2020)
8. 80% of b2b marketers consider email marketing for customer retention strategy. (Emarsys, 2018)
9. 59% of customer says that marketing emails influence them to make a buying decision. (SaleCycle, 2018)
10. 16% of emails never reach to customer’s inbox. (Email Tool Tester, 2019)
11. Active email users crossed 5.6 billion in 2019. (Statista, 2019)
12. 31% of B2b marketers tell email marketing is the finest way to nurture leads. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
13. In an email advertisement US companies spent over 350 million dollars in 2019.
14. 81% of B2B marketers state email newsletter is one of the most used forms of content marketing. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
15. 87% of B2B marketers consider email as a free organic traffic channel. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
16. Email engagement is the top metric of 90% of content marketers. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
17. Roughly 85% of b2b marketer uses email marketing software to send an email newsletter. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
18. 29% of customer open emails on the Apple iPhone and 27% of customer uses Gmail to read emails. (Campaign Monitor, 2018)
19. Most people open hobbies-related emails, with an open rate of 27.35 percent. (MailChimp, 2018)
20. Email is the biggest source of ROI says 59% of marketers. (Emma, 2018)
Email marketing is not dead, it is far from it. In 2022, it is still one of the best channels in which a business of any size can invest.
ROI of email marketing on average 40 times more than what you invest, you can not afford to miss this channel in your marketing plan.
While average open email rates and click-through rates are lower than before, it is still an effective way to cultivate relationships with your customers, and recover potentially lost business and reactive inactive users.
Any business that is dispensing with email is losing, and losing big. Let’s earn money from email marketing.